Thursday, April 22, 2010

"Journey of Gandhiji 1948-2010"



"Kyu Paisa Paisa karti hai, kyu Paise pe tu marti hai ..." a song from the movie De Dhana Dhan where Akshay Kumar ask this from spicy Katrina Kaif. Same thing comes to my mind too when I see the things and people around me.

Few days back I was travelling from Bangalore to Delhi through Rajhdhani Express train. My ticket status was RB7/ 47. I was happy that my ticket was confirmed. But when stepped on to the train a lady was already sitting on my seat and status of her ticket was too RB7/ 47. Now how can this happen? Then people around me told that:
R means RAC
B7 is compartment number
47 is my seat number

But what this saala, bhais ki aankh, RAC means? Reservation Against Cancellation, where two people have to share a single seat. OMG are these people mad, how can a person sit for 32hours without sleeping, my foot will also not sit for 32hrs in train.
I knew it is India when you are in trouble most of the times only two things can solve your problem i.e you should have good contacts OR a picture of Gandhiji in your pocket and that’s money. So I waited for TT to come.

Soon TT came, me, lady and few more people with same condition requested to do something but he refused to help as train was not of his father that’s what he replied in anger. I went behind the TT and outside the compartment I straight away asked what SEVA you require means how much money you want. HE started smiling ,a big dog smile, so he took me to next compartment and gave me a berth by confirming my ticket with number B6/ 62 and took SEVA of Rs120 (after bargaining from Rs200) and now I can sleep and relax for next 32hrs. After this an offer was given to me to convert 3 tier AC food to 1st class food in just Rs50.

It was not the first incidence with me, few months back Kingfisher Airline attendant asked for Rs 200 from me for extra luggage instead of Rs 800 and put that money straight into his pocket and also happened when once I broke traffic signal rule and gave Rs100 instead of Rs 600.

When I reached Delhi I went into an argument with one of my friend that AM I PROMOTING CORRUPTION by doing all this? 
Now my answer is of course not, I am not promoting corruption. I gave money to TT because I cannot sit for 32 hrs in train it was kind of necessity and being a student I cannot pay Rs 600 fine for breaking traffic rule which was really unintentional and that too was for the first time. I would be promoting corruption if I repeatedly keep on breaking traffic rules hoping that I will pay 20-30% of fine amount OR being my ticket in waiting/ RAC and knowing the consequences, I step on train hoping that I will pay something to TT and get a confirmed seat OR I pay some money to get 1st class Food in a 3 tier AC train.

My friend, if you want know the true meaning of Corruption go to government offices and observe how quickly  the files are passed in just Rs50 and how the tenders are passed by government officials and how the police officers come to your home while making some Illegal construction. So both the people are accountable for corruption giver and taker and certainly not what I did.


According to me when are you in trouble and the only way out of the trouble is money then you are not indulging in corruption and if you are not using money this time so whats the use of earning money, its better sit at home and earn few pennies. But using money just to get extra benefit or for some royal treatment, then I will say that corruption is being practiced.  


"ONLY AFTER THE LAST TREE HAS BEEN CUT DOWN
ONLY AFTER THE LAST RIVER HAS BEEN POISONED
ONLY AFTER THE LAST FISH HAS BEEN CAUGHT
ONLY THEN YOU WILL FIND THAT MONEY CANNOT BE EATEN"
                                                                                                                                Cree Indian Prophecy
                                              

6 comments:

  1. Kya baat hai bhai ...tu to writer ban gaya re....
    Pura TF-9 Creative nikla....bas teri creativity ka baad mei pata chala.

    Bhai Shaandaar...

    Creativity is not only putting up the new things always ....its also in, putting the old things diffrently.
    Sheer shandaar...

    Tera-Mera:- MOGAMEBO bhi jald hi conduct karwaunga... Tujhe aana hai

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice one...what i like in ur posts is the use of lots of examples from our day to day lives or say ur personal experiences..
    So, from ur post i deduce that CORRUPTION IS GOOD! Is that u want to say?
    But u no, dse things that u mentioned( train stuff and all)..u no even i want to try ds out wen i am put in such a situation..but i just caant gather the courage to ask TT as in what SEVA does he waant??
    I wonder if im too scared to ask all ds?

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are the small incidents which lead people towards corruption which becomes impossible for any government to handle. We always blame the govt that they are not doing anything for the society and people because they are corrupted. But if people in India are ready to pay extra for their own benefits then I think we dont have any right to blame our govt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @ yamini:
    I am not sayin corruption is good..what i mean is that when u are in bad trouble and thre s no way out then u use..but not everytime like in my case i can not leave the train and that too when the train had left bangalore station and also according to me my ticket was confirmed(but it was nt)so rather wasting my ticket money i choose to do some seva.

    @sanju : i am not blamin government..both the giver and receiver are involved.. Sahi se read kar.

    @ lunkar: thanks bhai..implement the idea of MOGAMBO.. it will surely rock..let me know when its done. All th Best

    ReplyDelete
  5. maine thik se para.... i jus gave my opinion thats all..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Vivek... I think u should write about ur experiences on I PAID A BRIBE... Check www.ipaidabribe.com ....

    ReplyDelete